2017’s 21st Annual Holiday Tour of Homes raised a grand total of $34,159.13!!!
- 400+ volunteer hours by WJWC Members throughout the year and during the event
- 50+ hours by our volunteers from Kennesaw State, local high schools, and other community members
- COUNTLESS hours of work by our hard-working and talented designers
- 3 Homeowners and 2 Model Homes opening their doors for the weekend (and the weeks leading up to it!)
- $13,931.00 in in-kind donations from our fabulous sponsors
- $20,228.13 in cold. hard. cash (This includes ticket sales and more funds donated from sponsors!)
The Recipients for the 21st Annual Holiday Tour of Homes are:
In 2017, to honor Veteran’s Day, we have accepted nominations from Cherokee County Veterans Families that have suffered hardship. We are so honored to be able to put money directly into the hands of families who have made so many sacrifices for the benefit of our country. We also will be donating to perennial favorite, Georgia Canines for Independence, who train service dogs for people with special needs, and finally we have added Brandon Hunt and his family, who have recently gone through unimaginable loss. Please help these families and programs by purchasing your tickets today!
Welcome to our 2017 Provisional Class!
We are so excited to accept 14 Provisional Members to the Woodstock Juniors this year! Welcome to Kayla Allen, Aimee Astrom, Kristin Astrom, Jennifer Coleman, Darcy Connelly, Mari Diaz, Megan Fields, Britani Lee, Becky Marshall, Janet McLellan, Chelsea Neville, Rosanna Pichardo, Gianna Singletary, and Tara Yoos. We can’t wait to see what strengths you will bring to this organization and look forward to serving our community along side with you!
Our application period for this year is now closed, but if you are interested in learning more about us, we invite you to attend any of our general meetings, which are open to all women over the age of 18 and are held the third Tuesday of every month at Taco Mac at 7:00PM. Additionally, you can like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram and Twitter to keep up with us. You can also take a look at our Membership Page to get a more specific idea about what being a WJWC woman means.
We are thrilled to announce our charter into the General Federation of Women’s Clubs GA.
After tireless efforts in 2015, our league is transforming from an autonomous league of women to joining the ranks of thousands of incredible women throughout the world. The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. Collectively, we are Living the Volunteer Spirit.
If you have a heart for service, love of community, and want to make some great friendships, we invite you to attend any of our general meetings, held the third Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm at Taco Mac on HWY 92 in Woodstock. (Social time is from 7:00-7:30pm)
For more details on the Woodstock Juniors, when we accept new members, the application process, and member requirements, you can visit our Membership Page.
- 11/7/2017: (7:00PM) Board Meeting
- 11/9/2017: (7:00PM) Women’s Expo (Link)
- 11/10/2017: Home Tour Preview Party (Evite to Come)
- 11/11/2017 – 11/12/2017: Home Tour (Link)
- 11/28/2017: General Meeting (Home Tour Check Presentation)
- 12/1/2017: (6:00PM) Friday Night Live (Link)
- 12/2/2017: (2:00PM – 6:00PM) City of Woodstock’s Christmas Jubilee Parade of Lights (Link)
- 12/5/2017: (7:00PM) Final Board Meeting of 2017
- 12/12/2017: (7:00PM) WJWC Christmas Party
- 12/19/2017: NO GENERAL MEETING THIS MONTH
- 1/2/2017: (7:00PM) First Board Meeting of 2018